How Do I Clean Remove Pee Urine From A Mattress?
If you have kids, chances are at some point you’re going to have to do with a bed-wetting incident. Or 47. Follow our simple, 7-step guide to restoring your mattress to its pre-pee glory.
- Use a dry towel, cloth, or paper towels to blot up the excess urine, then strip the bed. Avoid rubbing the area, as this will only push and spread the urine deeper into the mattress.
- Sprinkle baking soda onto the area to absorb the remaining moisture.
- Make a solution of biological washing powder and water. You can also use a solution of one part white vinegar to one part warm water – don’t forget a clothes peg for your nose!
- Spray your chosen solution onto the stain and leave to sit for 3-5 minutes. If using a commercial stain remover, always carefully follow the instructions on the product packaging, be sure to wear protective gloves, and open the windows for ventilation.
- Repeat the first step, blotting up any moisture with a towel or dry cloth. This is to get rid of any remaining urine and prevent mold, so try to get the mattress as dry as possible.
- Sprinkle baking soda again over the entire mattress. The mattress needs to be given time to dry out thoroughly – at least 18 hours – so preferably leave it to dry overnight while the occupant sleeps elsewhere.
- Vacuum up the baking soda and prop the mattress up outside or in a well-ventilated area to allow air to circulate and shift the last of the odour.
If you’re still struggling after following these steps, or if the above just seems too time-consuming, give the experts at BCS Cleaning Utah a call at 801 561 1730 – we’ll have your mattress spit-spot (minus the spot. And the spit, come to think of it) in no time.
Specials coming soon.
Greater Salt Lake City Area
Park City & Summit County
While we’re at your home, make use of our other cleaning services!
When it comes to window cleaning, we have no boundaries. Learn More
Have the best first impression possible for your home or business! Learn More
See spills, scum, and dirt no more! Our tile and grout services will get all the dirt out of your tile and grout! Learn More
Don’t do it yourself! Let us clean and protect your area rugs to help prevent future stains. Learn More
Give your loveseat some love! Upholstery cleaning can make your furniture and fabrics look new! Learn More