How to Solve Park City Winter Carpet Issues – Salt | BCS Cleaning Specialists
Winter in Park City, Heber and Utah in general is a glorious time. The mountains come into their own with glittering snow-frosted vistas just begging to be played on. But while the snow and ice look like a fairytale outside, come winter your carpets start telling a different story. Tracked in snow, mud, salt and pet hair wreak havoc under your feet.
So what to do? In our four-part Park City special series, we’ll show you how to deal with Winter’s worst…..and keep your carpets plush and plump and pleasing.
This week, we’ll help you get rid of pesky mud stains.
Salt is a pain in the proverbial. Messy in the bag, it’s even messier outside the bag. Here’s our simple, 6-step process for removing salt stains from your carpets.
- In a spray bottle, mix ½ warm waterand ½ white vinegar. A dish-washing detergent solution may be used instead, but it may not be as effective.
- Spray the stained area with the solution. If you’re not using a spray bottle, just pour a small amount into the area.
- Use a brush or a cloth to gently stir the salt to the surface.
- Press a dry, clean towel over the wet area, dabbing gently so you don’t force the stain further into the carpet.
- You can follow with a wet/dry vacuum to get out any excess salt or solution.
- Make sure the area is well ventilated as it dries since vinegar is a very strong smell.
If the marks refuse to listen to reason, it’s time to call in the big guns at BCS. We’ll have your carpets spit spot (without the spots) in a jiffy. Give us a call today at 801 561 1730.
Specials coming soon.
Greater Salt Lake City Area
While we’re at your home, make use of our other cleaning services!
When it comes to window cleaning, we have no boundaries. Learn More
Have the best first impression possible for your home or business! Learn More
See spills, scum, and dirt no more! Our tile and grout services will get all the dirt out of your tile and grout! Learn More
Don’t do it yourself! Let us clean and protect your area rugs to help prevent future stains. Learn More
Give your loveseat some love! Upholstery cleaning can make your furniture and fabrics look new! Learn More