Spring Cleaning Floor Tips - Carpet | BCS Cleaning Specialists
‘Spring cleaning’. The term conjures up all kinds of images: clean, uncluttered surfaces and storage areas, strange little headscarfs that only come out from the drawer once a year, overwhelming top-to-toe cleaning sessions. And that’s just the kitchen! Your floors need special treatment too. Whether you have wood, tile, carpet, or vinyl, there are some easy floor treatments that will help you restore your floor to tippety-top condition. In our four-part spring cleaning series, we’ll share with you some of our top tips and secrets for getting your floors Spring-ready in a jiffy!
- Remove everything from the floor. If you can, move the furniture into another room do you can get to areas that aren’t vacuumed or cleaned on a regular basis. You might want to get some furniture pads that you can slide under the furniture legs to help you glide your furniture into another area.
- Sweep off the floorboards/baseboard or use your vacuum attachments to vacuum any loose dirt off of the trim. You may have to get a damp rag and wipe down the floorboards/baseboards if there are scuff marks or a lot of dirt.
- Vacuum the entire area. Use vacuum attachments to get into all the corners and areas that are hard to reach.
- Clean the carpets. If you own a cleaning system, you probably have one of two styles.
- Water extracting cleaner. With this system, a cleaning solution is shot into the carpet and then is extracted along with all the dirt it collects. It usually works like a vacuum – after you have the solution and water in the machine, turn it on and pull the lever to shoot the solution onto the carpet. As you pull the vacuum back, the water and dirt is sucked into the machine. Note that you really have to take your time when you’re using a carpet cleaner – if you are going to go through the hassle of mixing the solution and moving all of the furniture, you’ll want to make sure you do a thorough job so go slow.
- Dry extracting cleaner. With this system, you will sprinkle a dry absorbent cleaner onto the entire carpet area and will then vacuum it up, along with all the dirt, with the cleaning machine.
If you don’t own a cleaning system, you can rent a carpet cleaner from a rental center, or you can hire a professional cleaner to come and do the carpets for you.
- Allow enough drying time before replacing furniture (typically about 24 hours).
If the thought of wielding a mop or steaming machine makes you break out in a cold sweat, give the professionals at BCS a call at 801 561 1730. We’ll have your floors spruced up for you in a jiffy, with not a mop-bucket in sight!
Specials coming soon.
Greater Salt Lake City Area
Park City & Summit County
While we’re at your home, make use of our other cleaning services!
When it comes to window cleaning, we have no boundaries. Learn More
Have the best first impression possible for your home or business! Learn More
See spills, scum, and dirt no more! Our tile and grout services will get all the dirt out of your tile and grout! Learn More
Don’t do it yourself! Let us clean and protect your area rugs to help prevent future stains. Learn More
Give your loveseat some love! Upholstery cleaning can make your furniture and fabrics look new! Learn More