Spring Cleaning Floor Tips - Hardwood | BCS Cleaning Specialists
‘Spring cleaning’. The term conjures up all kinds of images: clean, uncluttered surfaces and storage areas, strange little headscarfs that only come out from the drawer once a year, overwhelming top-to-toe cleaning sessions. And that’s just the kitchen! Your floors need special treatment too. Whether you have wood, tile, carpet, or vinyl, there are some easy floor treatments that will help you restore your floor to tippety-top condition. In our four-part spring cleaning series, we’ll share with you some of our top tips and secrets from getting your floors Spring-ready in a jiffy!
Hardwood Floor Treatments
- Begin your wood floor treatments by sweeping or vacuuming the entire floor area. If needed, use a vacuum attachment to get all the goodies out of the edges and corners. After the bigger pieces of dirt have been removed, consider using a mop treated with a dusting agent.
- Dilute a wood-cleaning product per the instructions on the package.
- Using a damp sponge or a rag mop, dip it into the cleaning product and wash the floor with it. Avoid leaving standing water.
- If the cleaning product instructs it, rinse the floor off with straight water by filling a bucket with water and using a clean mop.
- Wipe up any excess water.
- Dry with a towel, or even a fan to avoid warping the wood.
- It’s important to note that when cleaning and treating hardwood floors, you read up on any products that you plan on using – make sure they are suitable for your type of hardwood and that you have all of the necessary items to complete your task before you begin.
If the thought of wielding a mop or steaming machine makes you break out in a cold sweat, give the professionals at BCS a call at 801 561 1730. We’ll have your floors spruced up for you in a jiffy, with not a mop-bucket in sight!
Specials coming soon.
Greater Salt Lake City Area
While we’re at your home, make use of our other cleaning services!
When it comes to window cleaning, we have no boundaries. Learn More
Have the best first impression possible for your home or business! Learn More
See spills, scum, and dirt no more! Our tile and grout services will get all the dirt out of your tile and grout! Learn More
Don’t do it yourself! Let us clean and protect your area rugs to help prevent future stains. Learn More
Give your loveseat some love! Upholstery cleaning can make your furniture and fabrics look new! Learn More