Spring Cleaning Floor Tips - Vinyl | BCS Cleaning Specialists
‘Spring cleaning’. The term conjures up all kinds of images: clean, uncluttered surfaces and storage areas, strange little headscarfs that only come out from the drawer once a year, overwhelming top-to-toe cleaning sessions. And that’s just the kitchen! Your floors need special treatment too. Whether you have wood, tile, carpet, or vinyl, there are some easy floor treatments that will help you restore your floor to tippety-top condition. In our four-part spring cleaning series, we’ll share with you some of our top tips and secrets from getting your floors Spring-ready in a jiffy!
- Sweep the entire floor with a broom. Be sure to get into the corners and along the edges.
- The method you use for cleaning will depend on how dirty the floor is. Use a mop or a rag with one of the following floor treatments.
- For a vinyl floor that is pretty new or just doesn’t get a lot of use, a mixture of half hot water, and half ammonia would work fine.
- Heavily soiled vinyl flooring will need something that will remove the dirt a little better, but that will be mild enough on the vinyl, such as dish detergent and hot water.
- Isopropyl alcohol and water is needed to break up waxy or greasy build up.
- A damp cloth with a drop of paint thinner should remove scuff marks.
- Rinse the entire floor with straight hot water.
If the thought of wielding a mop or steaming machine makes you break out in a cold sweat, give the professionals at BCS a call at 801 561 1730. We’ll have your floors spruced up for you in a jiffy, with not a mop-bucket in sight!
Specials coming soon.
Greater Salt Lake City Area
While we’re at your home, make use of our other cleaning services!
When it comes to window cleaning, we have no boundaries. Learn More
Have the best first impression possible for your home or business! Learn More
See spills, scum, and dirt no more! Our tile and grout services will get all the dirt out of your tile and grout! Learn More
Don’t do it yourself! Let us clean and protect your area rugs to help prevent future stains. Learn More
Give your loveseat some love! Upholstery cleaning can make your furniture and fabrics look new! Learn More