How Do I Care For My Shag Rug In Park City, Utah?
Ahhh! Disaster! Some unidentifiable, nasty-looking substance got drizzled onto your pristine shag pile rug. Is there any way on God’s green earth to get the muck out without resorting to calling in the big guns (that’d be us!)?
There just might be. Here are our suggestions for rescuing your rug (and feeling awfully handy and capable in the process):
- Moisten the stained area with a drop or two of liquid dish soap or laundry detergent mixed with a small amount of cool water (do not use warm water).
- Rub the soapy water into the stain with a bristle brush or washcloth. Use small movements to avoid spreading the stain into other parts of the rug.
- Allow the soap to penetrate the stain for five to ten minutes.
- Rinse the area with cool water to remove both soap and (hopefully) emulsified stain.
- Blot with a clean dry cloth or towel to remove excess moisture. Repeat the process if the stain hasn’t completely gone.
If even your best efforts to remove the stain fail, just give the Park City and Heber professionals at BCS a call at 801 561 1730 – we’ll be over in a jiffy to rescue your shag from otherwise certain doom!
Specials coming soon.
Greater Salt Lake City Area
Park City & Summit County
While we’re at your home, make use of our other cleaning services!
When it comes to window cleaning, we have no boundaries. Learn More
Have the best first impression possible for your home or business! Learn More
See spills, scum, and dirt no more! Our tile and grout services will get all the dirt out of your tile and grout! Learn More
Don’t do it yourself! Let us clean and protect your area rugs to help prevent future stains. Learn More
Give your loveseat some love! Upholstery cleaning can make your furniture and fabrics look new! Learn More