How Do I Clean Remove Vomit Throw Up Sick From My Mattress? | BCS Cleaning Specialists
Ick. Of all the nasty messes one could have to deal with on a mattress (or basically anywhere), vomit is probably the nastiest. That being said, with a few simple steps (and a clothes peg for your nose) you’ll have your mattress restored to cleanliness in a jiffy.
- For particularly liquid vomit, pour an absorbant, organic powder over the area to help absorb the liquid. Sawdust, cornstarch or flour are all good options and highly absorbent.
- Use a spoon or spatula to scoop the vomit into a bag (make sure there are no holes!) or dustpan.
- Use carbonated water on paper towels or a sponge to wipe away as much of the remaining residue as possible. The bubbles in the carbonated water help to lift the stain.
- Thoroughly spray the area with an enzyme-digesting cleaner, making sure to follow the directions on the bottle. The usual process for enzyme-digesters is to allow the product to soak into the area and then to air dry. The enzyme-digester will continue to eat all of the organic material until it is gone. Hooray.
- Sponge water or club soda onto the area and blot away the liquid to remove any residue from the cleaner.
- If any smell lingers, sprinkle the area with baking soda and allow to sit for several hours, then sweep away. Alternatively, you can spray the area with a diluted vinegar solution to remove the smell.
And hey presto, your mattress should be back up to snuff (without the sniff) pronto. If you’re still having problems or if the whole process has you feeling distinctly queasy, give the experts at BCS Cleaning Utah a call at 801 561 1730. We’ll have you spit spot again in no time.
Specials coming soon.
Greater Salt Lake City Area
Park City & Summit County
While we’re at your home, make use of our other cleaning services!
When it comes to window cleaning, we have no boundaries. Learn More
Have the best first impression possible for your home or business! Learn More
See spills, scum, and dirt no more! Our tile and grout services will get all the dirt out of your tile and grout! Learn More
Don’t do it yourself! Let us clean and protect your area rugs to help prevent future stains. Learn More
Give your loveseat some love! Upholstery cleaning can make your furniture and fabrics look new! Learn More